25 May Breakfast Fry-Up
- 2 links of Zeigler’s Maple or Fresh Breakfast Sausage (Fresh Kielbasa works well too)
- 1 tomato, cut in half crosswise (whole cherry tomatoes work well also)
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of white bread
- 1 teaspoon of butter, or as needed
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium high heat. (We prefer cast iron, but any skillet will do). Add the sausage links and fry until browned on one side, about five minutes. Flip sausages and move to one side of the pan; add the tomato (cut side down) and mushrooms.
- When the tomato, bacon and mushrooms are just about cooked, move to the other side of the pan. Crack the egg into the center of the pan and allow to cook to desired doneness.
- While eggs are cooking, toast the bread in a toaster oven, and spread with butter. (Alternatively, toast can be grilled in the pan with all of the other ingredients.)
- Serve everything on a plate with the toast on the side.
*Adapted from Allrecipes.com